Quote from,



Third Culture Kids- The Experience of Growing Up Among Worlds
David C. Pollock and Ruth E. Van Reken*

Friday, July 15, 2011

Where is "start"?

I would paint you pictures with my tools, but sometimes the artwork of one's words are the best tool mankind could possess; so with these words I'll share my islands with you.  I'll tell you about the way Dawn's fingers extend themselves reaching across rivers and mountains, the way she climbs her slow path awakening her children along the way, leaving them drowsy and drowned in her sunlit wake.  I'll tell you about the sea, with his white-capped smile, his treacherous voice.  I'll let you feel the sands between your barefoot toes, I'll let the wind comb your hair wild, reckless.  I'll show you how somethings just can't be tamed and how, sometimes, it's better that way.  I'll draw you into the simple pleasures of my world.  I'll teach you games with five stones or three sticks.  I'll show you the innocence in someone's trashed soup can and the hours of enjoyment it can bring.  I'll teach you the unsung songs, I'll read you the unwritten stories and soon, you too will be writing your own.  Sit down, let me tell you, let me show you -my islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment